Tuesday, August 25, 2015

8/24/15 One Month Mark! What???


Displaying FullSizeRender.jpg
Hey hey hey from Dayton Texas! 
First off, I reached my month mark on Saturday. WHAT? Yes. A month. Not OK. I seriously feel so weird. Part of me is like uh yeah it feels like 6 months! And then part of me is like UHHH no I got here like yesterday. 
So. Go figure. 
But. Some amazing miracles this week!! 

First off, we got to go to the TEMPLE this week!!! Wow. The HOUSTON TEMPLE THO. It's not even funny how beautiful it is. And I LOVED the session! We had an awesome member drive us who just got back from her mission in Mexico like a month ago. She is stellar. :) 

On Saturday, we had a HUGE mission conference because Elder Corbridge of the 70 came to speak with us. Sis. Casas said these like hardly ever happen and it's way unique that I get to go on my first transfer! The message was wonderful and helped us learn how to focus the message on the Atonement and teach clearly! It was awesome. 

Also. This week we got to meet Ashley- she is a single Mom who is totally looking to connect more with God in her life. Immediately when we walked in to teach her I felt like I had known her forever and we talked like old friends. We taught lesson one and answered her questions. Then she accepted baptism and is working towards the 27th of September! AHHHH so excited for her!! 

Also. Dana is a friend of one of the less actives we are working with. Originally, I thought she said yes to letting us come over just to be nice and because we knew her friend. So I thought she wouldn't be very interested and would let us give our spiel and then tell us she's baptist and then have us leave. But. Then we taught the lesson and she TOTALLY listened. And she felt the Spirit and we invited her to be baptized and she said YES!!!  WOW!! I was totally wrong about her. She's amazing and totally open! 

Also. Fun facts about THE mission: 
-Almost every Mexican Restaurant you go to has free serve yourself ice cream cones when you leave. How cool is that??
-Almost every restaurant here IS a Mexican Restaurant hahaha 
-I only pick up a southern accent when talking to black people...according to Sister Casas. We laugh about it all the time lol
- "utsacould" is a word. Like " I ustacould dance." 

Story time. So we knocked on this guys door and he was like, Oh, you're the Mormons? We were like yeah! he was like Hey. My pastor is an EX Mormon. so I know all about you guys. 
We were like. Oh dear. So we offered him service and then took off before he could start bashing us. It was a close call. 

Thanks for all the prayers and support!! LOVE you all!!! The church is SO true. And the Atonement CAN change lives. You just have to give HIM a chance. Hold on to that hope!! 

Love, 
Sister Wilson 
Displaying IMG_0027.JPG
Sister Wilson and Sister Casas
Displaying IMG_0028.JPG
A new friend...
            


No comments:

Post a Comment