Sunday, August 2, 2015

08/01/15 Saturday-email (from MTC)




Dear Family and Friends:

Below is this weeks letter.  Please let me know if you want to be removed, or change an email address.  Thanks for your support, she is doing well.  She leaves for the airport 4 hours from when I am writing this.- Keith

Image result for free clipart texas
48 Hours until I enter the Kingdom of the Lord in HOUSTON TEXAS!!! YAY!! 

So MTC life seriously has been so crazy. Mostly this past week has FLOWN. It's kind of weird because you have so much stuff to do each day that it's pretty much impossible to keep up. Mostly just trying to keep my head above water! 

But the other night as I was writing in my journal I finally felt like I knew what I was doing. No more "keeping my head above water." I actually felt like I was swimming along just fine. And then it hit me: This is my life now. This is what I'm going to be doing. Missionary work is my life now. All the time. And I smiled. I finally feel so good and like I've adjusted! 

And then of course I will be thrown in the field in what...like....2 days? Well. No growth in a comfort zone, I guess. I need to keep growing! :) 

So our flight leaves at 5:30 am on MONDAY and we flight to Denver where we have a short like 40 min layover and then down to HOUSTON!!! We have to get up and be ready to go at 2:30 am. So. Basically no sleep that night. We will just sleep on the plane haha :). 

And on Wednesday Sis. Pace and I got to welcome all the new Sister Missionaries into the MTC!! It was really cool, we felt hardly qualified to be giving tours and advice because had been there only one week...but it was one week more than the new sisters! :) Some of the new sisters are going to Texas Houston (not east... :() and the others are going to Pocatello, ID! :) They are all so great and I love them. :) 

For other news... Sister Hobbs, who was in our room and was companions with Sister Cooper, (also in our room and zone and going to THE mission) TORE HER ACL AND HAD TO GO HOME FOR SURGERY!!!! What happened you may ask? Well. We were all walking back from playing volleyball with the zone (SUPER FUN BTW) and then we were like, hey, let's do cartwheels! So we all started doing cartwheels. And then she said she "felt a pop". Yes. She tore her ACL doing a cartwheel! Can you believe that? She has torn it before and had surgery before...so. That's way hard. So Sis. Pace and Sis Cooper and I are now a TRIO! :) And Sister Cooper is now an adopted Sister Training Leader. :) 

We also got to do TRC's this week! We got to practice teaching real lessons to real investigators! (Well. Some of them are real. Some of them are members pretending. But they don't tell us who is and who isn't! I'm pretty sure one of them was a member and one of them wasn't.) Anyway. Super cool experience. Sister Pace and I are working really hard to teach as a team! :) 

Love you all!! Have a fantastic week!! Keep praying. The Lord really does listen! :)

-Sister Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment